Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Finally Did it!

Okay, this morning I finally signed up for my 5k in April.  I know I have been talking about it for a month.  I just am a little bit of a procrastinator.  (The deadline is Friday...I told you.)  Now it is official.  On Saturday, April 16th I will be in the CAPSA Run from Violence 5k.    I have to say, I am really excited to run this race because it is a fundraiser for and amazing organization.  CAPSA is a local shelter for abused women that also provides prevention education.
On their website they state:
The mission of CAPSA is to provide safe, caring, and confidential shelter, advocacy, and support for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault; and to reduce incidents of abuse through prevention education.
As a participant in the race, I have the opportunity to help raise the funds they need to keep going.  So today, I'm going to ask for your help.  Please sponsor me in this race, you can donate any amount and it help.  Simply go to this website and search mommytomarathon  Click on my name and then follow the instructions. Thank you so  much for your support in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment