Sunday, March 20, 2011

Merry Birthday to me!

Ok, it's not really my birthday, and you know it's not Christmas (anyone else celebrate the first day of spring?)  But yesterday it sure felt like it.
Just a little tattered and torn
Four years ago, when I began running, I bought my very first pair of real running shoes.  Not my usual cheap "athletic" shoes but a pair recommended just for running and costing me...well, lets just say I usually get two or three pair for the price of this one.  They've been good to me, carried me through mile after mile but I think the time has come to retire them.  I know, I know, four year is way too long to expect the support of any shoe to last, but I really haven't pushed myself till this year. Now that I am, I'm realizing that they are just not what they used to be.
Yesterday we went shopping and my husband worked with me and pushed me and finally talked me into spending the money on a good new pair of shoes.  We have this little agreement that we won't spend the big bucks on things until we've proven with something cheaper that will will actually use it. (this is why neither of us has an iPod.  We both have mp3 players and we just never use them.)  I've been running consistently for the last three weeks and walking for two months before that.  As he put it, I've proved I'm going to do it and I should get some shoes that will help me, even if they do cost more.
Are you ready for the unveiling?  Here are my brand new running shoes!
All nice and new in the box
Aren't they beautiful!
I LOVE them, they have special gel cushioning.  I've never felt so good in a pair of shoes.  Plus, I love the pink.  For years my mom tried to convince me that I should wear pink, and now it's finally settling in.  YAY!!!  I can't wait to take them out for my first run.  I know I need to break them in, so I'm planning on wearing them around for a bit.  The last thing I need is blisters.  Someday I'll be able to have a whole cute running outfit.  One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment