Wednesday, May 18, 2011

So Sore

Big D had to push me out the door again.  My legs were in so much pain I was convinced A) I wouldn't be able to run and B)It would be me my worst time ever.  Silly, I know.  The first thing I learned in my weights class in college is that when your legs are sore (not from injury, but from working new muscle groups) the best thing to do is to get out again and lightly work the muscles.  That feeling, combined with rain and a malfunctioning phone, almost kept me from a good run.  As soon as I started my warm-up I knew this was a good idea.  There was NO pain, none.  I was a little slower, my legs felt fatigued but they didn't hurt.  I decided not to worry about my speed this time, just to focus on moving and losening up my super tight muscles.  Never has a run felt so good while I was in the process.  Usually it's when I finish that I feel better, that I love my run.  This time I made it through the whole run feeling so good.  Then, I got home.  For the first time, I iced my legs.  Any time I tried to sit down or stand up the felt like they were on fire.  The ice helped a bit, but only when I had it on.  I really began to worry.  Finally, when I went to bed I remembered we had some IcyHot.  I rubbed it on and immediately felt relief.  So nice, I wish I had thought of it sooner.  And, by this morning, I felt great.  Still a little sore but not nearly as bad.  Sometimes I still wonder if this was a good idea.  I think I might be crazy.  But days like this, when I not only go out when its hard, but I truly enjoy it, I know I'm not crazy.  I'm just a girl who has a goal.  Who is enjoying becoming a runner.

Stats:


Distance
2.36
Mi.
Duration
34:00
Avg. Pace
14:24
Avg Speed
4.08
mph



IntervalsPace (min/mi)Elevation (ft)
5:00 (warmup)15:318
5:00 (fast)13:232
1:00 (slow)16:151
5:00 (fast)13:513
1:00 (slow)16:300
5:00 (fast)13:27-5
1:00 (slow)16:21-1
5:00 (fast)13:30-4
1:00 (slow)14:501
5:00 (cooldown)16:22-4

No comments:

Post a Comment