Monday, May 16, 2011

Jillian would KILL me!

Some of you may know, I am  HUGE fan of Biggest Loser.  I have often thought how I would love to get on that show and let Jillian just rip into me.  That, of course, was before I found out she would be leaving the show. So, I decided for my cross-trianing (since I can't the real thing) to do the 30-day shred.

Today was day one and ow, ow, owwww!  It's only 20 minutes, and most of that is strength training!  I should be fine, right?  I started on level one, follow the easy modifications and by the end I was literally dripping with sweat. I have to say, it was a very good workout.  I was sure my arms would be burning but my legs would be fine.  I mean, I've been running for awhile now with little to no pain, a few jumping jacks and jumping rope shouldn't wear on me too much right?  Wrong.  I went with M to a music class today and while we were dancing with scarves, I decided we should jump a little, it's one of her favorite things.  I couldn't do it!  It had only been three hours since the work-out and already my legs were complaining, something that usually takes till the next day to feel.  All I can say is, if Jillian were to come train  me, I would be dead in two days, and I'm being optimistic.  I guess we'll see what happens....
In other news, Big D (my hubby) has begun his 5k training!  In fact, he is out running for the first time as I type this.  I'm so proud and I can't wait till we race together!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I need some cross training and I forgot I had her dvd. I think I will try that for cross training today.

    ReplyDelete