Monday, November 15, 2010

It's mine, all mine!!!!




It's coming.....Soon, this will be the view at my house.  Winter is coming and guess what, I'm a wimp in the cold.  There are so many studies saying how good exercising in the cold is for you(as long as you do it correctly) But honestly, I hate the cold.  This, of course, puts a damper on my running goals.  Sure I could bundle up and brave the weather as so many other die-hard runners do....but as mentioned above, I'm a wimp.  What is a heat loving girl to do?  What I've been doing since August....find a treadmill. Well, last week I finally did it. I found a used one that wasn't to beaten up for a reasonable price and now I can run without fear of old man winter.


There she is.  She even folds up so I can have my craft room and my exercise room.  I found another benefit...more time with my girls.  I know I bought the double jogging stroller to take them with me, but due to   life, I don't have as much one on one time with them as I would like.  I hate taking even more of it to go for a run.  This could only happen when they were both awake and happy anyway, a very rare thing.  So now, 5:30 every morning my alarm goes off and I take 30 minutes to myself while they sleep to work out.  I'm not anywhere near where I want to be, my legs and muscles are so weak that going at a speed of 3.5 nearly turns them to jelly.  Each day I need to work a bit harder so I can run again!

No comments:

Post a Comment